Today I thought I’d share with you a simple cheese biscuit recipe that I used earlier this week in the bake off challenge we’re having at work. These went down a treat with my colleagues, I was so pleased!
I’m definitely no cook, but the bake off challenge at work has been a great way for me to dip my toe into the baking world – and so far, so good! Wahey!
So here it is, my easy peasy rather cheesey biscuit recipe along with the sour cream and chive dip I made to go along with it.
This recipe makes around 20 biscuits.
120g plain flour
120g of cheese (I used mature cheddar and red Leicester)
Here’s what to do…it’s super easy!
1) Pop all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix them together with your hands until they form a dough.
2) Roll out the dough until it’s around 5mm thick.
3) Using a cutter cut out the biscuits from the dough. (If like me you don’t have one or can’t find one, use a glass upside down!)
4) Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas mark 5.
5) Place the biscuits on floured baking trays and bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes or until they look lovely and golden brown.
Top tip: I did a test run before making the main batch. I put a couple of biscuits into the oven and checked them at various points to see when they would be cooked all the way through. This helped me to find the optimum time for the main batch.
Ingredients for the dip:
1) Simply pour the required amount of sour cream into a bowl.
2) Then finely chop up some chives and add as many as suits to the sour cream.
3) Mix the sour cream and chives together in the bowl – et voilà! A lovely sour cream & chive dip!
So that’s it! How easy is that? I’ll definitely be baking these again – I think they’d make the perfect festive party snack. Why not try out some different cheeses and dips?! The possibilities are endless with this really simple recipe. Enjoy!
Feel free to say hello! You can find me on…